- Girls: hair must be up in a tidy bun or ponytail, with no hair hanging into the eyes. No dangly jewelry will be allowed in class for safety reasons.
- Each dancer must wear properly fitted leather or canvas ballet shoes (ballet pink for girls, black for boys) to every class. Dancers who arrive without proper shoes will be asked to sit out and observe, and will only be allowed to participate in parts of class where it is safe to work without shoes. No loose fitting/baggy shoes, shoes that are too long at the toe, or shoes with hanging drawstrings will be allowed. Our Core Class teachers will be happy to help you find an affordable shoe that fits well.
- Young Ladies: Leotards must be properly fitted and modestly cut. Modest tank, short or long-sleeved leotards are allowed. No cami straps, no open backs, or bra straps showing. Older girls: please make sure no cleavage is showing in any position. Our dance program is very physical - - we are on the floor for conditioning and may even be upside-down. Check yourself in a mirror.
- Ballet skirts must be worn over tights for a modest, elegant appearance. No frills, bright or neon colors, or fluffy tutus will be allowed. (Don't worry - we have party days for those!)
- Tights must be of dance store quality and not baggy on the foot or ankles. We are able to provide great tights for just a few dollars, so please don't hesitate to ask for a new pair. Girls studying pointe will need transition tights.
- EVERY DANCER should have a dance bag to keep your things together and ALWAYS BRING A WATER BOTTLE!
Diamonds (ages 3-5)
Girls: Ballet pink leotard, white or ballet pink skirt, white or ballet pink tights.
Boys: Black or white shorts with Grace T, or a solid black or white fitted shirt.
Emeralds (ages 6+)
Girls: Ballet pink leotard, black or ballet pink skirt, white or ballet pink tights.
Boys: Black or white shorts with Grace T, or a solid black or green fitted shirt.
Rubies (ages 8+)
Girls: Black leotard, ruby red or black ballet skirt, white or ballet pink tights.
Boys: Black shorts with Grace T, or a solid black or red fitted shirt.
Amethysts (9+ as approved)
Girls: Black leotard, purple/light purple or black ballet skirt, white or ballet pink tights.
Boys: Black shorts with Grace T, or a solid black or purple fitted shirt.
Sapphires (12+ as approved)
Girls: Black leotard, blue, light blue or black ballet skirt, white, black or ballet pink tights.*
Boys: Black shorts with Grace T, or a solid black or royal blue fitted shirt.
*For girls: if an extra layer is desired for modesty, black spandex or bike shorts may be worn underneath of ballet skirts, and a black, form-fitting tank top may be worn over your leotard. Delicate floral prints or watercolor ballet skirts are also allowed - - ask your teacher to approve.